Thursday, December 10, 2009

PRESENTS!

An encounter on How Nature can transform your mood!

I was feeling angry, I needed comfort, so I chose to take a walk around my neighborhood. Nature is abundant here and accepting. The wind was blowing as I headed down the hill to Route 8, I tipped my head upward and opened my heart to a higher vibration as I passed the four trunked Sycamore. My step bounced a bit after spotting numerous bloodroots, and Dutchman Britches along the creek bank at the bottom of Route 1996.

I recalled what Eckhart Tolle said in "NEW EARTH" about not naming things. This brought a fresh awareness to the presence of everything at it's deepest core. I decided I wanted to get to know nature. At the turn from Carthage Road to Washington Trace I began to see the individual grass blades blowing in the field, moving together and then apart. I studied the trees and sensed a new silence and peaceful presence. I moved to the sky and it's marvelous colors. It was like heaven as a new life emerged. For the first time I stood with a presence, shared with the presence of the trees, grass, sunset and I knew for an instant it was all the same. I have been hearing that for years but this was the first time I felt it. Once on Dead Timber Road I looked back over the marvelous sun as it set in all of its glory. The magnificent oranges, tangerines, and bright yellow. I was proud to be a part of this and I didn't feel alone in that instant.

I headed back home with freshness. My raw mood gone, replaced with a gentle smile on my face. I entered my home, my people.... and gave them a smile and new attitude!

No comments:

Post a Comment